Pages

3.11.2013

16 Weeks

I've heard about this "baby brain" thing but I never in a million years thought it would happen to me. I'm not a forgetful person, but this week I forgot to purchase two items (on my list!) at the grocery store & I also forgot to turn off the overhead light in my car which resulted in a dead battery that refused to be jumped. I have never left my car lights on before. Because of my oversight, Josh had to walk 6 miles roundtrip in the dark to an Advance Auto Parts store and change out the car battery in a blustery snow storm. I pretty much ruined his entire weekend though he refuses to admit it. I'm so grateful to have a husband who considers my mess-ups adventures.


How far along?  16 weeks
Maternity clothes?  No clothes per se, though I invested in a BeBand for the day when I can no longer button my jeans.
Stretch marks?  Nope
Sleep?  Multiple trips to the bathroom paired with minor heartburn & aches & pains from sleeping on my left side (recommended) all night disrupted my sleep a few times this week, but overall I look forward to my head hitting the pillow each night.
Best moment this week...  I told Josh about some of the Mom/Dad-to-be prenatal classes offered through our hospital and he showed 100% support in attending. This should not have surprised me (he's been so supportive through everything), but still I was very pleasantly surprised.
Miss anything?  Lunch meat & not waking up multiple times in the middle of the night for reasons listed above in the Sleep section.
Movement?  None yet ... though it shouldn't be too far off now.
Morning Sickness?  Nope
Food Cravings?  Grilled cheese sandwiches, fruit bar popsicles, pasta, red delicious apples, tuna salad, & ginger ale.
Food Aversions?  Hot black tea, dark chocolate, vegetable soup (though I ate a bowl this week in hopes of training my brain to like it again -- the taste was just fine, but I had trouble getting past the smell), sun-dried tomatoes.
Looking forward to...  Our appointment this week to hear the heartbeat for the 2nd time and finding out the gender of Baby Everhart next month!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...